The Female God

I have had to experience's in the last couple of days and has brought me back to the sacred picture of God. The more and more I see how people see God the more I realise how central that picture becomes to how we engage with God, People, Creation and ourselves.
Two experiences came from two Christians. Let me just say that the one is highly educated in theology and the other has read the bible about 20 times cover to cover. We got on to the picture of God. It amazes me how we claim to know God is non Gender and how we seem to find ourselves saying Him, King,Man etc. in our worship in our prayers in every aspect of our Christian life. I wouldn't be surprised if deep down we saw a picture of God that was majority male.

The one person said that his friend like in BEE has gone to the totally opposite of the previous system so that it might balance it out. He started saying Goddess and her, she in the way they approached God.
The other chose to not believe that God could be female as scripture told him so. So God was Father period and that God was male and that's what the bible said.
I find myself living in this world where God is a male. Let me just say as males I do not feel we have lived a life an even imposed a life that has been beneficial to society. I would at no time call myself a racist in fact that's the last thing I want to be but I would call myself prejudices against black people. I am scared to experience there humanity as a fear of being robbed(Even though the majority of black people will not do that). So my picture of God is a black female. I want my picture to challenge me to a more whole picture of God, humanity, creation and myself.

Why cant God be female. Imagine the world if we started to live a life that represented the female side of God. I wonder if we saw God as a stay at home Mom looking after her kids how things would change?

Comments

Popular Posts