The Church Vs. The Begger

I was sitting in my ethics class toady and I came across a thought and I thought that it was really some thing that could be taken a little further.
Church
  • Relies on people to sustain it
  • Beg for money
  • Begs from a pulpit
  • Sends food to the poor
  • Talks about the poor
  • Is Rich
  • Teaches Jesus
  • Lives in a house
  • The world Passes By
Beggar
  • Relies on people to sustain it
    Beg for money
    Begs from a traffic light
    Looks for food in where ever it can get
    Engages with the poor
    Is Poor
    Knows Jesus
    Lives on the street
  • The world passes by


A minister said to me the other the day that
  • When people look into the church what do they see?

  • When we look out of the church what do we see?

Here are some questions that I think that are important

  • What can the church learn from the beggar?

  • How are they similar?

  • How do we engage in that Jesus?

Comments

  1. Hey bud, cool parallels you draw. Most interesting.

    how are the studies treating you? You seem to be pretty stimulated and passionate here. We should chat sometime - i've got news as to my future that's pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man, thought i'd come have a look inside your mind?:)
    and its pretty cool hey, so true
    really interesting thoughts, so i'll leave my admiration here for you:)
    chat soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts