Long Time No Blog

So it's been awhile since I blogged. Allot has happened, there has been heartache and there has been joy. I got married and Vashti is such a joy to have in my life. I really am a lucky Guy.

I have been sitting in my thoughts and just have become so despondent once again with the church. For some people it has become their source of life and I can respect that. My deeper fear is for us who haven't found that to be true for us. Us who have felt so left out from the structure that we feel that life is not to be found there but rather in the conversations we have with God and others.

What I have started to see in my life, Christians in general show intolerance for anything that does not fit into their perceptions of what is true. This past week I encountered a person who just blasted me with insults and made me feel like I was not a child of God. I just hated the church even more but strangely found Jesus more appealing.

My heart is moving away, away from the church, away from the insults and becoming more in tune with the crucified Jesus.
This journey is a hard one, and is consuming my being

Comments

Popular Posts