One Month

Today a month ago I stepped of a plane onto Scottish soil. Time have flown by so quickly. It seems like a speeding bullet.

The thing about life is that change can be daunting. It's hard to let go and to live in the realm of the future. I  have asked myself many questions in this time. Am I good enough? Will I make it? What happens if I actually can do what I have set out to do? The thing about change is that it forces reflection.

It seems that this period of my life is the "question session". This month has taught me allot about myself. I am growing up in ways that I never imagined. I am not the same person who stepped off that plane. I am not the same person who left comfort and persuade a dream.

Change always brings you home even if its not the same home from where you left. It brings you out of one place and pushes you into new places and they become home. The reality I think for me is that we should never be scared to leave. Maybe that is the gift of the narrative of the prodigal son. He was the one who took the risk and lived the dream. It could not have been easy to leave but he did. Often we see the story in judgement but maybe we could see it in the midst of change God is always with us, welcoming us home. God never tells us we cannot go see whats out there. Rather it tells the story of change, of moving to a new place and things don't work out. It's not the fault of the young man. He then decides to change his life and leaves for a distant land. Where his father welcomes him into a house that is not the same as when he left. This story is starting to reveal more about me than I ever began to realise

Comments

Popular Posts