The New Phrophets Of Our Time

Quote from the Movie I Am SamLucy: Daddy, did God made for you to be like this or was it an accident?
Sam: Ok, what do you mean?
Lucy: I mean you're different.
Sam: But what do you mean?
Lucy: You're not like other daddies.
Sam: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Lucy: It's ok, daddy. It's ok. Don't be sorry. I'm lucky. Nobody else's daddy ever comes to the park.
Sam: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah, we are lucky. Aren't we lucky? Yeah!



I was in Durban recently and I was spending some time with my Aunt. We were walking through a shopping centre and we saw a young boy in a wheel chair that could hardly move. He was at a restaurant and was being fed by his Dad. He had a bib on and with his head slightly tilted was drooling all over the bib.

My Aunt asked the question "Justin why does God allow this to happen". My immediate Western thought was to try and define God but I held my thought and my answer shocked myself and might have not made my aunt the happiest person.

I said " Maybe God is using these young people to be the prophets of our time. Calling the world to the simple things, to love regardless of who we are, to lose our possessions because they are worthless, to call people back into community, to tell people that God is in control". That shook me to my core. These people are not religious, they cannot speak, they cannot move, they cannot fend for themselves but yet they are screaming Gods grace and Gods calling on me and the community I live in.I watched an episode of Oprah on Autism (Yes men do watch Oprah just like women do go to the toilet) and the guy on the program was saying that when his baby was born he thought that he was gonna teach it to love instead the child taught him to love more and in a deeper and unconditional love. Wow we have a lot to learn from these prophets.

Comments

Popular Posts