Hope in Death


I know people don't die... In fact I know that because I have faith in a God who had the final say in death.

That however does not make death and easy thing to deal with. I have sat for a week now listening to other peoples stories and have been deeply impacted by them. I have a deep sense of loss. My tears are other peoples tears and my heart seems to beat in the pain of others. Is this how we were created? Is this part of what it means to be a community? Is this what Jesus meant when he said "when you did it for the least of these you did it to me"

How much emotion is too much? Should ministers be like doctors? A bible in the one hand and a shovel in the other?

I just know these emotions of mine are in uncharted territory and its hard.

Faith makes things Hard because there is always a place for my hope to be wrong.

Comments

Popular Posts