Shoe

So allot has been happening in my life in the last couple of weeks. I have felt love like I have never felt before from people in the church but at the same time I have had my heart ripped out (Not by the same people). It's been gut-wrenching up and downs. Most of the stuff is pretty personal and this is not the place to share it.

But life is like that. No certainty, no promises but true beauty amongst the unknown. This leads me to the shoe.

I went for a walk over the weekend along the beach and I came across this shoe in the sand.

It's a pretty ugly shoe if I am honest. I got to thinking how life is like this shoe. No one knows its story. If I could ask it question it would be something like:  What's it story? Where has it been? Where are it's laces? Where is it's other shoe? This shoe has been tossed from side to side by its owner and the seas. It's stability is a wave away from being destroyed and a tied away from a new destination. I mean life has been hard for this shoe.

I have not been able to get rid of the next image from my head


I think it is beautiful. It tells, its story without words. For me this old shoe is most beautiful thing I have seen in ages. This old piece of leather has given me hope. Given me peace. It has almost become an religious icon in some senses. It shows me more about Jesus, and the gospels than I could ever say in words.

Maybe in some ways we are all like this shoe: We have no distinct meaning but to someone who passes by, you are the most beautiful thing in the whole world


Comments

Popular Posts