I Swore In Church and at God

curse2Why is it that we can’t be honest with God? To sit in the raw emotions that we feel and be honest with God. Is it a sign of respect? Is it a sign of weakness? Does tradition dictate how we feel and respond to God?

Recently during a talk I swore and said where the ^$*! was God. In utter anger I swore at God. People have been outraged at this and have even questioned if I am a Christian.

Now granted the choice of words may not have been the best but it was honest. Isn't honesty what God calls us to? Is not being honest a sin? Well I came to the conclusion and think that if God cant handle my swear words then is God God? If grace cannot permeate my language, is it grace? Lastly what is more offensive to God a swearing honesty that even says they despise him or a lie of being dishonest that fake loves him? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts