Passion

sp804_The_Passion_of_the_JewWhat is passion? Can we fall out of love with our passion or can our passions be constantly evolving that was once a passion in the past is now just a mere burden?

I approached some ladies today who have been very critical of my ministry. I asked what their issues were and what they struggled with and it came back that they wanted black and white answers but with allot of passion. Now I used to love the laws and the concept that the bible is the final authority but now my passion is those laws but the liberation that the gospels offer.

How can I be passionate about something I am not? Maybe the truth is my passion has changed not just with the Bible but maybe to ministry. 

What happens in the Church when your passion changes? Is there space for people to move? I wonder if Jesus’ passion changed at all? If it evolved? My heart and head say yes. Engaged with the law in the Temple as a child but realised that God was amongst the people rather than the Temple. The move from Temple to People…Interesting

Comments

Popular Posts